Le Louvre – Cour de Marly

"Panoramosaic" by edlimphoto on Flickr

A beautiful glass covered courtyard with sculpture…

The monumental statuary displayed here was carved for the park of the Château de Marly. Most of the works were commissioned by Louis XIV at the end of his reign. However, the courtyard is dominated by Guillaume Coustou’s celebrated Horses of Marly, completed in 1745 under Louis XV. — louvre.fr

Richelieu wing – Ground floor.

Leave a Comment